Get to Know Celina, Texas
Want to live in a place with a small-town Texas charm that's a quick drive to Dallas and its surrounding cities? Check out the amazing community in Celina, Texas. Residents have many reasons to love life in Celina and here are some of those reasons.
Downtown Celina and the Square
Downtown Celina features local businesses and showcases Celina's history. You'll find dining, shopping, professional services, and more all within a walking distance of the Pavilion on the Square. View a list of Downtown Celina businesses to see all the possibilities. And those who live in Green Meadows are only a six-minute drive from all this greatness.
Annual and Recurring Events
Celina has wonderful events that occur every year. Many families make it a tradition to attend them year after year.
- Countdown to Christmas: For 25 days in December, the city holds at least one festive event every day to keep the holiday spirit glowing.
- Celina Cajun Fest: This celebration of Cajun food is filled with crawfish, music, vendors, food, and entertainment especially the popular reptiles and gator show! It occurs every year in the spring.
- Celina Oktoberfest: Oktoberfest takes place every year in October to celebrate German heritage with live music, a Biergarten, a kids' zone, and delicious eats.
- Beware! of the Square: This annual event is considered the biggest Halloween celebration in North Texas. It's a place where kids can have a spooky good time riding rides, exploring the haunted house, and noshing on carnival food.
- Friday Night Markets: Held in Downtown Celina on the first Friday of every month (unless otherwise indicated), this free event gives everyone a chance to get outside, shop local, eat, and relish live music.
And that's not all. Check out the City of Celina events page for the schedule.
Celina Public Library
Explore the Celina Public Library website to learn about its offerings. They hold a story time twice a week for the kids, one in the morning and one in the evening.
You can browse the card catalog and resources available to residents with a library card. The TexShare Database gives you access to full-text magazines and newspapers, WorldCat, online encyclopedias, and more. Residents also can get a login to AtoZ World Food to explore recipes and food culture in countries around the world.
Celina Parks and Recreation
No place feels like home without the parks and recreation to give you a place to enjoy the best of what nature has to offer. Celina Parks and Recreation Department has received the Better Sports for Kids Quality Program Provider designation. It shows the commitment of the parks and recreation department to quality and safety in youth sports.
They offer seven youth sports programs that support more than 2,500 kids engaging in sports. They offer adult sports, cheer, and pickleball, which has taken the country by storm.
Come experience Celina. We bet you'll fall in love with it the minute you arrive. That's why Dallas Business Journal has named Celina as the fastest-growing city in North Texas.
To stay current on what's happening in Celina, please connect with our Green Meadows team on Facebook. Or browse new home builders in Celina.